Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Welcome to my blog....

It's actually exhilarating looking at the big empty space on my screen.  There's absolutely nothing on it.  It's like a fresh start, which is a good thing, since I have been compelled to this site at 3:30 in the morning searching for just that...  And I believe I have found it.

Welcome to the blog of Phil Stacey.

The timing couldn't be more perfect.  I am a musician who is taking his first steps into the waters of a new format.  It's very exciting.  And as I start this journey, I am reminded:

More than ten years ago, I heard a preacher speak on Psalms 139:23-24, which says, "Search Me, O God and know my heart; try me and know my thoughts.  See if there be any wicked way in me and lead me in the way everlasting."  It was a very inspiring message and I decided to make that verse my daily prayer.  

I think it is the perfect prayer of dedication.  And since I first began praying it, I have seen how He has taken my life, which had become accustomed to failure, and blessed it beyond measure.  I hope the stories and lessons I share in the coming days and weeks serves as encouragement to you as you strive to surrender completely to His plan for you.

I should preface this series by saying that I am not perfect.  I am haunted by a dark side, much like the disciple John and just about every other artist I know.  I will forewarn you that I intend to be very candid with my struggles...  But this page is my outlet to write openly about my experiences in hopes that it connects with you on some meaningful level. 

And I truly do hope it does.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there Phil!!! Thanks for sharing your heart and your thoughts. I for one loved your song Search Me O God, I hope it gets some new life on your next CD. I pray for you all the time and these thoughts you are sharing and will share will give me a better idea on how to talk to our father regarding my phriend Phil Stacey!! Love & Hugs coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Phil, for this blog! I echo Vicki's words by saying that I, too, will be able to more effectively bring you up to the Lord. I appreciate all the encouragement and the positivity I have seen from you, but I understand that you, too, have things you deal with, like all of us do. We can be thankful we have Someone Who is "touched with the feelings of our infirmities," as He himself has been there. Looking forward to your thoughts.:-)

    ReplyDelete